About Me

My photo
I have been married to Russ for 13 years. We have two daughters, Shauna and Maddyson . I teach vocal & general music. In July 2011, we began Miehls Healthy Life Source, a home-based business. Our goal is to share safe, natural products with our friends, family, and others so the world is a safer place.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Power of a Positive Mom - Week 4

From Grumbling to Gratitude
Key Scripture:  Numbers 14:26-30
Then the LORD said to Moses and Aaron, "How long will this wicked nation complain about me?  I have heard everything the Israelites have been saying.  Now tell them this,'As surely as I live, I will do to you the very things I heard you say.  I, the LORD, have spoken!  You will all die here in this wilderness!  Because you complained against me, none of you who are twenty years old or older and were counted in the census will enter the land I swore to give you.  The only exceptions will be Caleb son of Jephunneh and Joshua son of Nun.'"t

Journal Prompts:
1.  My Thoughts:  In what areas do I need to change my grumbling into gratitude?

I need to stop grumbling about money.  God has always provided just enough for our needs to be met.  We don't have a lot of extras, but God makes it possible for us to live comfortably. I also need to stop grumbling so much about my daughters' behavior and fighting.  God blessed us with 2 children.  I need to be grateful for them and help them to see God's blessings, which includes their sister.

2.  My Choices:
  • This week I will choose to take my eyes off what is wrong in my life and look at what is right.
  • This week I will choose to replace my grumbling with gratitude.
  • This week I will choose to encourage my kids to see God's blessings all around us.
  • This week I will choose to:
I'm going to try to do all three of these things.  I need to do them all.

For Further Reading:  Numbers 14

No comments: