About Me

My photo
I have been married to Russ for 13 years. We have two daughters, Shauna and Maddyson . I teach vocal & general music. In July 2011, we began Miehls Healthy Life Source, a home-based business. Our goal is to share safe, natural products with our friends, family, and others so the world is a safer place.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Power of a Positive Mom - Week 2

"I Will Help You"

Key Scripture:  Exodus 4:10-12

But Moses pleaded with the Lord, "O Lord, I'm just not a good speaker.  I never have been, and I'm not now, even after you have spoken to me.  I'm clumsy with words."
     "Who makes mouths?"  The Lord asked him.  "Who makes people so they can speak or not speak, hear or not hear, see or not see?  Is it not I, the Lord?  Now go, and do as I have told you.  I will help you speak well, and I will tell you what to say."

Journal Prompts
1.  My Thoughts - Do I trust God to be my strength in my weaknesses?  What "I can'ts" do I need to give over to him?

My most recent "I can't" is that "I can't stand it when my girls fight with each other or whine."  I teach school all day, so the last thing I want when I get home is to listen to the two of them fighting.  I need to give it over to God and maybe send each of us, both girls and myself, to our rooms for a little bit when we get home to just relax a bit and unwind from the day.  

2.  My Choices
  • This week I will choose to focus on what God can do, not what I can't do.
  • This week I will choose to seek God's leadership and guidance.
  • This week I will choose to ask him for help in all the tasks I undertake.
  • This week I will choose to:
This week, I will ask God for help with being Mom, being a wife, teaching music, practicing music for praise team, laundry, cleaning, cooking, running.

For further reading:  Exodus 3-4

No comments: