About Me

My photo
I have been married to Russ for 13 years. We have two daughters, Shauna and Maddyson . I teach vocal & general music. In July 2011, we began Miehls Healthy Life Source, a home-based business. Our goal is to share safe, natural products with our friends, family, and others so the world is a safer place.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Future, God's Faithfulness

"This food should be held in reserve for the country, to be used during the seven years of famine that will come upon Egypt, so that the country may not be ruined by the famine."  ~ Genesis 41:36

How can a young man keep his way pure?  By living according to your word.  I seek you with with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands.  I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. ~ Psalm 119:9-11

Be very careful, then, how you live--not as unwise but as wise... ~ Ephesians 5:15

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. ~ Hebrews 13:8

     Although I cannot predict the future, I do know that history tends to repeat itself.  We have experienced some times of financial difficulty in the past.  No matter how tight the money got, God always provided just enough for us to make it through.
     The school district that I teach in is having some financial concerns right now.  At the end of last year the Superintendent asked for volunteers to not receive supplemental pay for one year.  I volunteered to not receive my choir director supplemental.  Although this means that I am bringing home less money than I did last year, I know that God will provide ways for us to make up that loss in other ways.
     This summer, we began Miehls Healthy Life Source as a secondary income.  I believe that God prompted me to start the business when I did, so we can have a way to make up for the money I'm not receiving at school.  Though we are just starting, we are optimistic about what the future may bring with our business.
     I am also just beginning the rehearsal process for a musical at school.  In the past, the musicals have been performed in the spring.  The spring sports calendar is so full that every weekend from mid-March through the end of school has an event.  We moved the musical to the fall.  I think this is another way that God is providing for my family because I will receive that pay about 5 months earlier than other years.
     Thanks, God, for providing for our needs.  Thanks for loving us enough to prepare the way for us to continue to be successful and grow in you.
     If you are interested in learning about how you can work from home to provide a second, or primary, income for your family, comment on my post.  I'd love to share more information with you.
     May you have a blessed day.  May you be aware of the ways that God is providing your needs both now, and in the future.

2 comments:

Expressive1 said...

We've been going through the same things with decreases in income. I think sometimes we want it all and are willing to push away what God has for us. I've learned this and accepted that God wants me to do photography, and that's good, because I do love it. He gave me the gift. Sometimes taking less is more ;)

momof2 said...

That is a wonderful message Kristi. I think it is important to give in order to receive, and you have been blessed with seeing that come to fruition right away. I wish you the best on your musical and on your business!