About Me

My photo
I have been married to Russ for 13 years. We have two daughters, Shauna and Maddyson . I teach vocal & general music. In July 2011, we began Miehls Healthy Life Source, a home-based business. Our goal is to share safe, natural products with our friends, family, and others so the world is a safer place.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Creation, God's Watchfulness, Stewardship

But in the seventh year the land is to have a sabbath of rest, a sabbath to the LORD.  Do not sow your fields or prune your vineyards.  Do not reap what grows itself or harvest the grapes of your untended vines.  The land is to have a year of rest. ~ Leviticus 25:4-5

He makes springs pour water into the ravines; it flows between the mountains.  They give water to all the beasts of the field; the wild donkeys quench their thirst.  The birds of the air nest by the waters; they sing among the branches.  He waters the mountains from his upper chambers; the earth is satisfied by the fruit of his work.  He makes grass grow for the cattle and plants for man to cultivate--bringing forth food from the earth:  wine that gladdens the heart of man, oild to make his face shine, and bread that sustains his heart.  The trees of the LORD are well watered, the cedars of Lebanon that he planted.  There the birds make their nests; the stork has its home in the pine trees.  The high mountains belong to the wild goats;  the crags are a refuge for the coneys.  The moon marks off the seasons, and the sun knows when to go down.  You bring darkness, it becomes night, and all the beasts of the forest prowl.  The lions roar for their prey and seek their food from God.  The sun rises, and they steal away; they return and lie down in their dens.  Then man goes out to his work, to his labor until evening.  How many are your works, O LORD!  In wisdom you made them all; the earth is full of your creatures. ~ Psalm 104:10-24

I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.  The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed.  For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God. ~ Romans 8:18-21

Dear Lord,
     I thank you for watching over me, my family and my friends.  Thank you for providing for our needs through your wondrous works.  Help me, Lord, to be a wise steward of the resources with which you have trusted me.
     When I am tempted to push my limits, rather than allowing my mind and body to rest, nudge me just a little bit more to take the time to rest and renew myself so I may do the work you have for me.
     Thanks!

No comments: