About Me

My photo
I have been married to Russ for 13 years. We have two daughters, Shauna and Maddyson . I teach vocal & general music. In July 2011, we began Miehls Healthy Life Source, a home-based business. Our goal is to share safe, natural products with our friends, family, and others so the world is a safer place.

Monday, October 10, 2011

Angels, God's Guidance, God's Will

Then the LORD opened Balaam's eyes, and he saw the angel of the LORD standing in the road with his sword drawn.  So he bowed low and fell facedown.  The angel of the LORD asked him, "Why have you beaten your donkey these three times?  I have come hear to oppose you because your path is a reckless one before me." ~ Numbers 22:31-32

...but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit.  The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.  For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him?  In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.  We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us.  This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words tught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.  The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.  The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment:  "For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him?"  But we have the mind of Christ. ~ 1 Corinthians 2:10-16

If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.  But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. ~ James 1:5-6

     As I read the key verses from Numbers today, I had to wonder.  Are the obstacles that have recently popped up in front of me God's way of telling me that I am being reckless?  Do I need to ask for God's guidance?  Are there angels who are trying to protect me?
     Lord, I am lacking wisdom.  You know the challenges that I am facing right now.  I am going to trust that your hand has been in the recent events of my life that are frustrating me. 
     Thank you, Lord, for working things out so the musical cast will feel better prepared for our performances because we have two extra weeks of rehearsal.  Help us to continue to work hard at developing our characters so they audiences will enjoy our performances.  Give me the wisdom to direct the actors so that we can present the story in a fun way for entire community to enjoy.
     Lord, please also give the wisdom and the correct way to relate with my students who are struggling academically so they will be able to participate in the show after the hours of rehearsals that we have gone through.
     Grant me your peace so that I may rest in you.  Please take my frustrations and stress and make them your own.  I love that all I need to do is ask and you will take my worries from me.
     Amen.

1 comment:

momof2 said...

Lovely prayer Kristi. We do need to give our frustrations to God. I will strive for that as well.

Blessings.